A certificate of fitness (CoF) is a regular check to ensure that your vehicle meets required safety standards. Vehicles requiring this certification are:
- all passenger service vehicles – taxis, shuttles and buses
- rental vehicles.
It’s our job to keep your vehicle up to CoF condition at all times. READ MORE –
What a CoF is not
A CoF is not a pre-purchase inspection. It doesn’t include many areas of a vehicle’s condition. For example it doesn’t check:
- engine, clutch, gearbox and differential condition
- lubricant levels and condition
- brake pad thickness or life expectancy, unless they are visibly below safe limits
- paint work condition and some rust in non-structural areas.
Did you know:
It’s a good idea to combine your WOF and vehicle service, because WOF inspections do not cover all safety aspects of your vehicle. For example engine, clutch, gearbox and differential; lubricant levels and condition; brake pad thickness or life expectancy; are not checked in WOF inspections, but they can be checked as part of a vehicle service.
To book a COFa/Light PSV – Certificate of Fitness Service now Click here